Yesterday I spent a good part of the day listening to Dave Wood, founder of Empower Network share concepts and principles on how to grow a huge organization in this industry. It prompted me to write this blog post for you. Whether you're a part of my team, Team 300, or your a subscriber on my list that's in the network marketing industry, there are some realities about this industry that I want to share with you.
The reason I am doing this is so you can come to grips with whether or not this industry is for you. I made up my mind a long time ago that it is. That's why I am still here.
Dave has seen it all in this industry. If you're familiar with his story, he like most, struggled for years in the industry. But a turning point came in 2009 when he was homeless living in a green van on the shores of Hawaii. He finally had enough with life beating him down. He decided to start a business online.
He believed that within 3 months he'd be making $30,000 per month. He believed that bringing 2 people into his business every day was easy. And you know what, it happened. Within 3 months of him starting his business online, it ALL happened.
Since then Dave has gone on to be the top recruiter and income earner in several different companies and systems. He literally has outrecruited everyone using the internet. No home meetings, no hotel parties, and most importantly of all, NO PHONE CALLS.
Now Dave has an organization in Empower Network of over 300,000 customers. He has done things that nobody in the history of network marketing has done. Not only is he the best recruiter (according to industry stats that can be proven), he's also built the largest team on the internet.
The reason I am going over this even if you already know it is because Dave knows about the ups and downs of building big teams. He knows what it truly takes to be successful in this industry. The cool thing about Dave though is that what he teaches us is how to build a business and have a life at the same time.
So now that we are clear on that, I want to share with you the realities about this.
The 9 Realities You Must Be OK With
1. Be ok with people quitting. That's human nature.
2. Be ok with people buying products from you and not going through them.
3. Be ok with attrition, everybody has it.
4. Be ok with people being where they are. In other words not everyobdy is on the same level as you, mentally, emotionally, etc. Be cool with it and love them where they are.
5. Be ok with sponsoring a lot of people consistently. He preaches recruiting 2 people per day no matter what deal you're in. This will make your business sustainable.
6. Be ok with top leaders on your team leaving to do something else.
7. Be ok with people being distracted about the latest and greatest new deal.
8. Be ok with letting go of control of your team. You can't control them anyway.
9. Be ok with loving everybody, even if they talk bad about you.
There are more that he discussed but I'm just going to end it right there.
Now that you know the reality, what it's truly going to take to be highly successful in this industry, you've got to decide if you're willing to "Be OK" with it. I know that your goals are different from mine. And that's fine.
Just decide what you want, and GO FOR IT!
To your success,
The income claims represented in this blog post are extraordinary and do not make a guarantee for your success or income level. Please see Empower Network's average affiliate earnings at: http://www.empowernetwork.com/income